NISM SECURITIES INTERMEDIARIES COMPLIANCE COURSE
Introduction to the Financial System
- Understand the Indian Financial System
- Know about the Financial Market Intermediaries
- Know the various types of Financial Securities
Chapter 2 Regulatory Framework â€“ General View
- Know the Regulatory System in India
- Know the role of the Financial Market Regulators
- Understand the role of regulators in the financial market: ROC, EOW, FIU-I,
- Know the role of Appellate Authority
- Know the Legislative Framework Governing the Financial market
Chapter 3 Introduction to Compliance
- Understand the need for Compliance
- Know the Role and Reporting Structure of Compliance Officers (CO)
- Understand the Responsibilities of COs towards Stakeholders
- Know the Compliance requirements under the SEBI (CAPSM) Regulations, 2007
Chapter 4 SEBI Act, 1992
- Understand the SEBI Act, 1992
- Know the SEBI Act from Compliance aspect
Chapter 5 Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956
- Understand the sections of the SC(R)A, 1956 pertaining to
- Understand the following Rules of the SC(R)R 1957
- Recognition of Stock Exchanges
- Contracts and options in securities
- Listing of securities
- Penalties and Procedures
- Audit of accounts of members
- Withdrawal of recognition
- Books of account and other documents to be preserved
- Submission of annual reports and periodical returns
- Requirements with respect to the listing of securities on a Stock Exchange
Chapter 6 SEBI (Intermediaries) Regulations, 1992
- Understand the SEBI (Intermediaries) Regulations.
- Know the General Obligations of the Intermediaries.
- Know the obligation of the intermediaries on inspection
- Understand the action in case of default
- Know the Code of Conduct for intermediaries.
Chapter 7 SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992
- Understand the SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992
- Discuss the Code of conduct for prevention of insider trading.
Chapter 8 SEBI Prohibition of Fraudulent and Unfair Trade Practices
- Understand the Regulation w.r.t. the prohibition of certain dealings in securities.
- Know the various prohibitions related to manipulative, fraudulent and unfair trade practices.
- Know the procedure for Investigation.
Chapter 9 Prevention of Money Laundering Act 2002
- Understand the significance of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) measures.
- Know the general obligations keeping in mind the AML guidelines issued by SEBI.
- Know the provisions as stated in the SEBI (Foreign Portfolio Investors) Regulations, 2014.
Chapter 10: SEBI (KYC Registration Agency) Regulations, 2011
- Understand the registration process
- Know the obligations while surrendering the certificate of registration.
- Understand the Functions and Obligations of KRA and Intermediary.
- Know the obligations of the KRA on inspection by SEBI.
Part B â€“ Understanding Intermediary Specific Regulations
Chapter 11 SEBI (Stock Brokers and Sub-brokers) Regulations, 1992,
- Listing Agreement and SEBI (Delisting of Securities) Guidelines, 2003
- Understand the SEBI (Stock Brokers and Sub-Brokers) Regulations, 1992,
- Registration of Stock Brokers
- Registration of Sub-Brokers
- Registration of trading and clearing member
- General obligations and responsibilities
- Procedure for Inspection
- Procedure for action in case of default
- Code of conduct for Stock brokers
- Code of conduct for Sub brokers
- Regulation of transactions between clients and brokers
- Transactions between clients and brokers
- Unique Client Code
- Capital Adequacy norms for brokers
- Maintenance of books of account and other documents in the manner sought by the enforcement agencies
- Inspection of brokers by Stock exchanges
- Direct Market Access â€“ operational specifications, risk management, broker to be liable for DMA trades
- Fees payable by Stock Brokers
- Understand the SEBI (Alternate Investment Funds) Regulation, 2012 w.r.t
- Registration as an AIF
- Eligibility Criteria
- Investment conditions and restriction
- General obligations of AIF
Â Chapter 12 SEBI (Merchant Bankers) Regulations, 1992
- SEBI Takeover Code and SEBI (BuyBack of Securities) Regulations, 2006
- Understand the SEBI (Merchant Bankers) Regulations, 1992 w.r.t.
- Know the general obligations and responsibilities of the merchant banker.
- Know the obligations of the Merchant Banker as per the SEBI Takeover Code.
- Know the main requirements under the Listing agreement of the Stock Exchanges
- Know the SEBI (Delisting of Securities) Guidelines, 2003
- Understand the obligations of the Intermediary under the SEBI (Buyback of Securities) Regulations, 2006
- Definition of a merchant banker.
- Procedure for registration as a merchant banker.
- Eligibility criteria for grant of certificate
- Capital adequacy requirement
Chapter 13 SEBI (Issue of Capital Disclosure and Requirements) Regulations, 2009
- Understand the ICDR Regulation from Merchant Banker aspect
- Know the role of merchant bankers as advisors to the issuer company.
- List out the key activities and related compliances undertaken by the merchant banker
- Know the Post Issue activities of the merchant banker.
Chapter 14 SEBI (Depositories) Regulations, 1996
- Understand the SEBI (Depositories) Regulations, 1996.
- Know the Rights and Obligations of the Depositories.
- Know the enquiry and inspection procedure followed by SEBI and the penalties.
Chapter 15 SEBI (Depositories and Participants) Regulations
- Understand the procedure of registration of a depository participant.
- Know the rights and obligations of the depository participant.
- List the documents related to records of services which need to be maintained.
- Know the investor grievance redressal mechanism.
- Know the Code of conduct for participants and the action in case of any default.
Chapter 16 SEBI (Bankers to an Issue) Regulations, 1994
- Know the procedure of application and registration as a Banker to an Issue.
- Understand the general obligations and responsibilities of Banker to an Issue.
- Know the Code of conduct for the Bankers to an Issue.
- List the obligations of a banker to an issue in case of inspection and the action taken by SEBI on the inspection and investigation report.
Chapter 17 SEBI (Underwriters) Regulations, 1993
- Know the role of an Underwriter
- Know the Capital Adequacy requirements as an Underwriter.
- Know the Code of conduct for the Underwriters.
- List the general obligations and responsibilities as an Underwriter.
- Know the Obligations of underwriter on Inspection by SEBI.
Chapter 18 SEBI (Debenture Trustees) Regulations, 1993
- Understand the procedure of application and registration as Debenture Trustees.
- Know the Capital Adequacy requirements as Debenture Trustees.
- Understand the following general obligations and responsibilities.
- Know the Code of conduct for the Debenture Trustees.
- Know the Obligations of the Debenture Trustees on Inspection by SEBI.
- List the various contents which should form a part of the trust deed.
- Understand the process of dissemination of Information by Debenture Trustees.
Chapter 19 SEBI (Credit Rating Agencies) Regulations, 1999
- Know the Registration process for Credit Rating Agencies.
- Know the General Obligations of Credit Rating Agencies.
- Understand the Restrictions on Rating w.r.t:
- Securities issued by Promoters
- Securities issued by entities connected with Promoter etc
- Securities already rated
- Know the obligations of credit rating agency on inspection or investigation by SEBI.
- Know Code of conduct of the Credit Rating Agencies.
- List out the Guidelines issued by SEBI for Credit Rating Agencies.
Chapter 20 SEBI (Custodian of Securities) Regulations, 1996
- Understand the different Custodial Services.
- Know the eligibility criteria and the registration process.
- Highlight the General Obligations and Responsibilities of Custodians.
- Know the Code of Conduct.
- Know the obligation of custodian on inspection conducted by SEBI